Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My adventure with the telephone store

Alrighty.  So today I finally buckled down and got a cellphone.  You would think it would be easy. I go in, get the phone, and leave. No.  That's too simple, and life, is never simple.  Especially when you're one of the last people to get a cellphone. 

So our story begins with my friend Marissa and I leaving school.  We decided to go to H&M first because we both wanted to pick something up there.  We both knew what we wanted, so we figured we'd be in and out in 10 minutes.  Lies.  You see, I'm the type of girl who gets into a store and can't resist trying on 10 different outfits, and that's what I did, more or less.  Marissa and I found what we wanted to get, and then some.  So naturally our 10 minute stop turned into a 30 minute stop.  But we still had a little over an hour, and we still figured that would be enough time.

So we finally get to the store...and it's packed! But we found a short line and thought we would get through it in no time.  Uhhhh...no.  We stood there for 20ish minutes before we were helped.  When we got to the counter we told the lady exactly what we wanted and pointed to it in the ad.  She knew exactly what we wanted and went to grab it from the back.  Everything was going swell.  It was all downhill from there.

When she came back, she started the process right away.  Now since it was busy, you would think the lady would move quickly.  Well this lady didn't.  She moved slower then a snail.  She was very nice and all, but she moved soooooo slllooowwww.  Along with this, she had no idea what she was doing.  Every 5 minutes she would have to go ask another guy what to do, or why something wasn't working.  They'd come along, fix it, and repeat.  Oh, and to top it off, the computer was being sassy! Rude!! 

My friend got her phone first, so we thought that maybe the second time everything would be grand.  I seriously don't know what we were thinking, cause it wasn't.  The lady still didn't really know what was going on, the computer still wasn't working, and then, some lady came in and tried to cut everybody and was being very rude to the employees and to my friend and I after we helped translate for her.  We thought we were in the clear when I had paid for my phone, but no.  The computer was once again being sassy, and then I heard one of the employees say to give me my money back because it wasn't going work.  Uhhhh....let's just say...I was really frustrated by this time.  The lady decided to give it a few minutes, and thankfully, it finally went through!!  It only took an hour and a half to get 2 prepaid phones. 

After we leave the store, I rush home because I was 15+ minutes late for dinner.  After dinner, I go to open my phone and charge it........and I don't have a phone!!! At this point, I just wanted to lay down and cry.  Instead I just freaked to my roommate who was kind enough to just let me rant.  I then emailed my friend who I went to the phone store with....and the lady put my phone in her bag!!!

So lesson today: 1) Don't want till the last minute to get your phone; 2) Shop after you do what you were originally supposed to do; 3) Check to make sure you have your phone before you leave the store.

Rant. Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment